Objective Questions on Redox Reactions
Class 11 unit 8: Redox reactions is one of the most important chapters of physical chemistry for academic and competitive preparations like IIT-JEE, NEET, AIIMS, State PSCs, UPSC etc., and the Chemistry Olympiads. It is one of those chapters therefrom numerals are frequently asked in academic and competitive examinations. It is a hot spot of chemistry and needs special attention to score high in all the chemistry competitions. Objective questions on Redox reactions contain the most important and the most expected multiple-choice questions (MCQs) along with their solution and explanation. These questions would be very helpful for chemistry competitions.
Important Objective Questions on Redox Reactions with Explanation
Q.1.Which of the following is the example of auto-oxidation-
(a) Formation of H2O by the decomposition of H2O2.
(b) Formation of H2O2 by the oxidation of H2O.
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) None of the above
Ans.-(b) Formation of H2O2 by the oxidation of H2O
Self-oxidation of any substance in presence of oxygen is called auto-oxidation of the substance. This term is usually used to describe the degradation of organic compounds in air (as a source of oxygen) to produce hydroperoxides and cyclic organic peroxides which react further to form other products. This process is responsible for aging, spoilage of foods, degradation of petrochemicals etc. Auto-oxidation may occur in a situation where it is not desired. For example, destructive cracking of the rubber of automobile tires and rancidification.
Water also gets oxidized to hydrogen peroxide in presence of air and it is an example of auto-oxidation. Here, the oxidation number of oxygen increases from -2 to -1.
Formation of H2O by the decomposition of H2O2 involves the decrease of the oxidation number of oxygen from -1 to -2. Hence, it is not the example of oxidation, but it is the example of reduction.
To download a pdf of the objective questions on Redox reactions Click below-
Download “Exacademy” mobile app from the following Link-
Learn By The Best : No one can match us.
For any other query Call/WhatsApp us At- +91-7389757666.
For Video Lectures Subscribe “Exacademy” YouTube Channel from the link-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLPxVWdS2VBCN8YZ7Xaqnlg
Click on the following Video link to watch Demo Video Lecture-
Subscribe Online Classes of Chemistry for NEET 2022 (Hindi/English Mediums) from the following link-
Subscribe NEET 2022 Chemistry Test Series from the following link-
Subscribe Online Classes of Chemistry for IIT-JEE 2022 (Hindi/English Mediums) from the following link-
Subscribe IIT-JEE 2022 Chemistry Test Series from the following link-
Subscribe Online Classes of Chemistry for Class 11 (Hindi/English Mediums) from following link-
Subscribe Class 11 Chemistry Test Series from the following link-
Subscribe Online Classes of Chemistry for Class 12 (Hindi/English Mediums) from the following link-
Subscribe Class 11 Chemistry Test Series from the following link-
Subscribe Online classes of NEET 2022 from the following Link-
Subscribe Online classes of IIT-JEE 2022 from the following Link-
Subscribe Class 11 Chemistry pdf Notes | Video Lectures | MCQs with Video Solution from the following link-
Subscribe Class 12 Chemistry pdf Notes | Video Lectures | MCQs with Video Solution from the following link-
Important Tips for Preparation of IIT-JEE/NEET
(1) Select a good mentor of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology. Several educational channels and the best mentors of all these subjects are available Online at a very affordable cost. You just subscribe one of them for each subject and start your online learning rather than wandering here and there.
(2) Centralize your study to the NCERT books and one or two reference books of all the subjects. Don’t follow too many books otherwise, you would not be able to complete your syllabus. Always remember, different books differ being only nineteen or twenty in text quality, but never differ of being nineteen and twenty-five.
(3) Follow the quality notes of your mentor. Don’t run behind the brand, but run behind the concise and effective notes of your mentor.
(4) Prepare your own capsule notes for revision.
(5) Maintain consistency and regularity in your preparation.
(6) Revise the prepared topics regularly. Always remember, revision is not a waste of time but it makes you perfect. Always keep in mind that, “Revision is division” i.e. Revision improves your marks and ultimately your rank in the final selection.
(7) Solve practice problems and previous year’s papers in the specified time frame. It would help you to finish your paper timely in the final examination.
(8) Always be confident in your preparation, but never be overconfident. Always read the question carefully and then answer. You usually make mistakes in overconfidence and it has to be reduced.
Important Reference Books
(1) Physics- (1) Concept of Physics by H.C. Verma
(2) Modern’s abc of Objective Physics
(2) Chemistry- (1) Dr. O.P. Tandon (GRB Publication)
(2) Modern’s abc of Objective Chemistry
(3) Mathematics- (1) Mathematics for Class XI and XII by R D Sharma
(2) Objective Mathematics by R D Sharma
(4) Biology- (1) Biology by Trueman
(2) Modern’s abc of Objective Biology
Download pdf notes of Chemistry for Class 9 from the following link-
Download pdf notes of Chemistry for Class 10 from the following link-
Download pdf notes of Chemistry for Class 11 from the following link-
Download pdf notes of Chemistry for Class 12 (English Medium) from the following link-
Download pdf notes of Chemistry for Class 12 (Hindi Medium) from the following link-
About Shailendra Shukla Sir
By profession, Shailendra Shukla Sir is an executive officer in a very reputed power generation company. He has been a professional educator of competitive chemistry for a long time and his sole aim is to provide quality guidance to the aspirants of UPSC, State PSCs, IIT-JEE, AIIMS, NEET, and Academic examinations, especially to those who belong to the economically vulnerable class of society and cannot afford heavy tuition fees of professional institutions.
For Video lectures and Live Classes of Shailendra Shukla sir visit “Exacademy” and “Pradeep Kshetrapal” YouTube Channelshttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLPxVWdS2VBCN8YZ7Xaqnlg
For pdf notes, video lectures, online classes, and online tests Download the “Exacademy” Mobile App. Click Here for download-
You may also follow Shailendra Shukla Sir on the “Exacademy” and “Chemistry for Competitions” telegram channels and the “Exacademy” Facebook group.
The link for the “Exacademy” Facebook group is here-