Strategy to Crack IIT-JEE
Being an IITan has always been the most attractive carrier for the students of science especially of Maths stream. The salary package of an IITan in different organizations and their status in our society are really attractive but it is not very easy to crack IIT and acquire all these in a moment. However, it becomes rather easier if you prepare with proper planning and your effort is consistent in the proper direction. There is no a well-set strategy to crack IIT-JEE but it is well established that the best strategy to crack IIT-JEE stands on the following four pillars-
(1) Teacher selection
It is the first and the most important criteria to crack IIT-JEE. A teacher of academic or below standard can never let you prepare for IIT-JEE. So, you should select the best mentor that can prepare you well for IIT-JEE.
(2) Matter selection
For competitive preparation what is not to study is more important than what to study. You should emphasize more on important and relevant topics (hot spots) and practice more on quality study materials rather than being trapped in rubbish materials floating in the market.
Always remember, if your mentor selection is well then he would provide you the best and relevant study materials and therefore, material selection would become automatically well.
In my opinion, you should concentrate on NCERT books that are Encyclopedia of IIT-JEE and you should improve your application part by revision and solving practice papers and previous years papers within the prescribed time frame again and again.
(3)Time for starting preparation
When to start preparing for IIT-JEE? It is one of the most frequently asked questions by the IIT aspirants. In my opinion you should start your preparation from class 11 and should maintain your tempo till the examinations (mains and advance). If you start too early then it would not be easy for you to maintain your pace for a longer time period and it would develop a frustration in you that is very dangerous for you and your preparation.
(4) Hard work
It is the fourth important pillar of your preparation to crack IIT-JEE. You have selected the best mentors who are providing you the best study materials but you are not serious in your preparation but just wasting your time, then not even God can make you selected in IIT-JEE. In fact, there is no shortcut to success, except the hard work. So, you should maintain consistency in your preparation. Regular study, regular revision, and solving practice problems and previous years papers in a specified time frame are the key to your selection.
Important Tips for Preparation of IIT-JEE
- Select a good mentor for all the subjects. Several educational channels and the best mentors of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are available on YouTube for free. You may follow one of them for all the subjects rather than wandering here and there.
- Centralize your study to the NCERT books and one reference book each for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Don’t follow too many books otherwise, you would not be able to complete your syllabus. Always remember, different books differ being only nineteen or twenty in text quality, but never differ of being nineteen and twenty-five.
- Follow quality notes of a good mentor for all the subjects. Don’t run behind the brand, but run behind the concise and effective notes of your mentor.
- Make your own capsule notes for revision.
- Maintain consistency and regularity in your preparation.
- Revise the prepared topics regularly. Always remember, revision is not a waste of time but it makes you perfect. Always keep in mind that, “Revision is division” i.e. Revision improves your marks and ultimately your rank in the final selection.
- Solve practice problems and previous year’s papers in the specified time frame. It would help you to finish your paper timely in the final examination.
- Always be confident in your preparation but never be overconfident. Always read the question carefully and then answer. You usually make mistakes in overconfidence and it has to be reduced.
Important Reference Books
(1) Physics- (1) Concept of Physics by H.C. Verma
(2) Modern’s abc of Objective Physics
(2) Chemistry- (1) Dr. O.P. Tandon (GRB Publication)
(2) Modern’s abc of Objective Chemistry
(3) Mathematics-(1) Objective Mathematics by R.D. Sharma
(2) Mathematics by D.C. Pandey
Download pdf notes of chemistry for NEET/AIIMS and IIT-JEE from the following link-
Download pdf notes of chemistry for Class 11 from the following link-
Download pdf notes of chemistry for Class 12 (English Medium) from the following link-
Download pdf notes of chemistry for Class 12 (Hindi Medium) from the following link-
About Shailendra Shukla Sir
By profession Shailendra Shukla Sir is a senior executive officer in a very reputed power generation company. He has been a professional teacher of competitive chemistry for a long time and his sole aim is to provide quality guidance to the aspirants of UPSC, State PSCs, IIT-JEE, AIIMS, NEET, and Academic examinations, especially to those who belong to the economically vulnerable class of society and cannot afford heavy tuition fees of professional institutions.
For Video lectures and Live Classes of Shailendra Shukla sir visit “Exacademy” youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLPxVWdS2VBCN8YZ7Xaqnlg
For pdf notes, video lectures, and online tests Download the “Exacademy” Mobile App. Click Here for download-
You may also follow Shailendra Shukla Sir on the “Exacademy” and “Chemistry for Competitions” telegram channels and “Exacademy” Facebook group.
The link for the “Exacademy” Facebook group is here-
Register Here for Online Chemistry Classes by Shailendra Shukla Sir