“The branch of chemistry in which mechanism of the chemical reactions is studied by measuring the rate of reaction is called chemical kinetics.”
Limitations of Chemical Kinetics
In chemical kinetics, too fast or too slow reactions are not studied. In between these two extreme reactions, there are a number of reactions whose rate can be measured under reaction conditions and only these reactions are studied in chemical kinetics.
Q.Which of the following reactions cannot be studied in chemical kinetics?
(a) Photosynthesis (b) Rusting of iron
(c) Ionic reactions (b) All
- Photosynthesis, Photography, and Ionic reactions are too fast reactions and therefore, the rate of these reactions cannot be measured under reaction conditions. Hence, these reactions are not studied in chemical kinetics.
- Rusting of iron, Formation of fossil fuels inside earth crust, etc. are too slow reactions and therefore, the rate of these reactions cannot be measured under reaction conditions. Hence, these reactions are not studied in chemical kinetics.
Rate of the Reaction
“The rate of change of concentration of any reactants or any products with time is called the rate of the reactions.”
Download complete pdf notes of Chemical Kinetics from the following link-
Important Tips for Preparation of IIT-JEE/NEET
- Select a good mentor for all the subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology. Several educational channels and the best mentors of Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology are available online at a very affordable cost. You just subscribe one of them for all the subjects and start your online learning rather than wandering here and there.
- Centralize your study to the NCERT books and one reference book each for Physics, Chemistry, maths/Biology. Don’t follow too many books otherwise, you would not be able to complete your syllabus. Always remember, different books differ being only nineteen or twenty in text quality, but never differ of being nineteen and twenty-five.
- Follow quality notes of a good mentor for all the subjects. Don’t run behind the brand, but run behind the concise and effective notes of your mentor.
- Make your own capsule notes for revision.
- Maintain consistency and regularity in your preparation.
- Revise the prepared topics regularly. Always remember, revision is not a waste of time but it makes you perfect. Always keep in mind that, “Revision is division” i.e. Revision improves your marks and ultimately your rank in the final selection.
- Solve practice problems and previous year’s papers in the specified time frame. It would help you to finish your paper timely in the final examination.
- Always be confident in your preparation but never be overconfident. Always read the question carefully and then answer. You usually make mistakes in overconfidence and it has to be reduced.
Important Reference Books
(1) Physics- (1) Concept of Physics by H.C. Verma
(2) Modern’s abc of Objective Physics
(2) Chemistry- (1) Dr. O.P. Tandon (GRB Publication)
(2) Modern’s abc of Objective Chemistry
(3) Mathematics- (1) Mathematics for Class XI and XII by R D Sharma
(2) Objective Mathematics by R D Sharma
For Video Lectures Subscribe “Exacademy” YouTube Channel from the link given below-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLPxVWdS2VBCN8YZ7Xaqnlg
Subscribe Class 12 Chemistry Revision Cum Test Series for Term 1 starting from from the following link-
Subscribe Class 11 Chemistry Revision Cum Test Series for Term 1 from the following link-
Subscribe Online Chemistry Classes for Class 11 from the following link-
Subscribe Online Chemistry Classes for Class 12 from the following link-
Subscribe Online Chemistry Classes for NEET 2022 from the following link-
Subscribe Online Chemistry Classes for IIT-JEE 2022 from the following link-
Download pdf notes of chemistry for NEET/AIIMS and IIT-JEE from the following link-
Download pdf notes of chemistry for Class 11 from the following link-
Download pdf notes of chemistry for Class 12 (English Medium) from the following link-
Download pdf notes of chemistry for Class 12 (Hindi Medium) from the following link-
About Shailendra Shukla Sir
By profession, Shailendra Shukla Sir is a senior executive officer in a very reputed power generation company. He has been a professional teacher of competitive chemistry for a long time and his sole aim is to provide quality guidance to the aspirants of UPSC, State PSCs, IIT-JEE, AIIMS, NEET, and Academic examinations, especially to those who belong to the economically vulnerable class of society and cannot afford heavy tuition fees of professional institutions.
For Video lectures and Live Classes of Shailendra Shukla sir visit “Exacademy” youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLPxVWdS2VBCN8YZ7Xaqnlg
For pdf notes, video lectures, and online tests Download the “Exacademy” Mobile App. Click Here for download-
You may also follow Shailendra Shukla Sir on the “Exacademy” and “Chemistry for Competitions” telegram channels and the “Exacademy” Facebook group.
The link for the “Exacademy” Facebook group is here-